Run For Something Endorsement
Dec. 19, 2019- Audrey Spanko is proud to receive the endorsement of Run for Something (RFS), the groundbreaking organization that recruits and supports strong voices in the next generation of progressive leadership.
“I am honored to have received an endorsement from Run for Something, and to be supported by an organization that knows the benefit of the having new perspectives in elected office,” says Spanko.
“RFS endorses candidates on two major criteria: heart and hustle. That’s what defines viability to us,” said Ross Morales Rocketto, RFS co founder. “These are candidates who are working hard to run grassroots, community-led campaigns. We are at a critical time in history and the momentum these candidates generate will have a lasting impact for years to come.”
By the numbers:
- There are 22 first or second time candidates endorsed this month
- There are 5 RFS alumni running for reelection that RFS endorsed in this round, totaling 27 candidates for December (LINK to Medium)
- 52% of our December class are women and 44% identify as LGBTQ+
- RFS has endorsed 958 candidates total, from 49 states + DC
- Campaign budgets range from $3000 to $300,000.
- Win numbers range from 10 to 100,000 votes.
- RFS has recruited more than 10,000 volunteers, coaches, and creatives to serve the pipeline of more than 45,000 potential candidates.
- Because of these plans and processes, RFS general election candidates win about 50% of the time.
The endorsement process includes an extensive internal review with background check, staff interview and insight from local state experts.
Amanda Litman and Ross Morales Rocketto launched RFS on Jan. 20, 2017 with a simple premise: help young diverse progressives to run for down-ballot races in order to build a bench for the future. RFS aims to lower the barriers to entry for these candidates by helping them with organization building, support, and access to training. So far, about 45,000 young people from across the country have signed up as candidates and gained access to RFS resources.
Run for Something recruits and supports talented, passionate young people who advocate for progressive values now and for the next 30 years, with the ultimate goal of building a progressive bench.